Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15, 2009

I didn't notice, but yesterday's post was my 50th! *********************************************************************************** I'm going to look for some online games in French. I've found that I remember more French than I realized, but I can still use the practice. *********************************************************************************** It just hit me: No more Hubbard squash! {ATWT fans will know what I mean} ************************************************************************************ I ordered a book about P.L.Travers, the author of the "Mary Poppins" books. The first time I read "Mary Poppins" was at my cousin Beatty's house. (She was Mom's cousomg as well). I was so thrilled when Beatty gave me the book to keep. I wish I still had that copy. It was also at Beatty's house that I tasted cream soda for the first time. I remember being enchanted by the soft texture, and I understood why it was called cream soda. Cousin Beatty passed away Sunday morning, after a long illness. Thank God she isn't suffering any more. She was one of my favorite relatives. *********************************************************************************** CURRENTLY READING "Lavender Laughs in the Chalet School", by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer. {juvenile fiction, school series} "The Art Spirit", by Robert Henri (nonfiction) "The Interior Castle" by St. Teresa Of Avila {Catholic, Spiritual Reading, Classic} "Pirkei Avos Treasury" (I prefer this to the version I started reading online, because it has commentaries, which the online version lacks.) (Judaica, nonfiction}

Followers

Blog Archive