Monday, December 14, 2009

December 14, 2009

I've learned how to put pictures directly into my blog posts, instead of adding links. Here's one of my few, very few, own online paintings. "Brown on Brown by Brown" *********************************************************************************** Laundry today. I love the smell of fresh-laundered sheets and pillowcases. I've thinking of getting something to put in the washing machine for the last rinse, to give my laundry a lavender scent. Incidentally, I used to love English Lavender by Yardley of London. Maybe I can finc an ad for my collection. ******************************************************************************** I ordered a Chalet School book today, "Adrienne and the Chalet School". It's out of sequence, but I order the books as they become available and affordable. And at least this isn't an abridged version; it's one of the reprints from Girls Gone By. ******************************************************************************** Priests For Life ******************************************************************************* I found something for my online collection. ****************************************************************************** CURRENTLY READING "Lavender Laughs in the Chalet School", by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer. {juvenile fiction, school series} "The Art Spirit", by Robert Henri (nonfiction) "The Interior Castle" by St. Teresa Of Avila {Catholic, Spiritual Reading, Classic} "Pirkei Avos Treasury" (I prefer this to the version I started reading online, because it has commentaries, which the online version lacks.) (Judaica, nonfiction} *************************************************************************** I love it that so many parts of the Mass on EWTN are sung. *************************************************************************************One of my all-time favorite books is one that Gandhi loved and Hitler ordered destroyed: "The Story of Ferdinand", by Munro Leaf. It may be a picture book, but it is one I would mark "All ages".

Followers

Blog Archive