Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Getting In Some Studying

I've started studying, seriously (okay, semi-seriously!) studying again. Except for pre-algebra, most of my studying is off-line, although I also use the computer for further information. Right now, I'm doing: Foreign language: French (a refresher) [I may also read some French stories online.] Science and Nature: Rocks and Minerals (I have "An Instant Guide to Rocks and Minerals" by Eva Fejer and Cecilia Fitzsimons; am also studying online. I learned, online, that opal is not solid; it is a mineraloid gel. Math: Pre-algebra, as aforementioned. [I'm getting good at multiplying decimals.] History/Social Studies: "Colonial Days in Old New York" by Alice Morse Earle. This is a book I've had for a long time, but never got around to reading. It was originally published in 1896, and is available online. I've just added it to my online library. :) English linguistics: "Making Sense of Grammar" by John Clark Jordán; edited and with an introduction by J. R. LeMaster. (Not a textbook in the conventional sense of the word.) {I'd also like to do a study comparing the grammatical structures of several languages.} I don't want to be working on more than five subjects at a time, although I spread my studies throughout the day. Also, to save time, I do some of my studies while eating. I'm not including the books used in my "courses" in my weekly reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive