Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Gift of Speech

{This post is based on several older posts.} I've been working on conquering my habit of misusing the gift of speech, and there are so many ways to misuse that gift. Bad language, gossip, lies, unkind remarks, or just an impatient tone of voice. For a short while, I had a page where I listed the number, if not the type, of faults I committed in this field. I deleted that page last night; I never meant for this blog to be used as a confessional. I will, however, share the methods I am using to keep myself from slipping. 1: Frequently making the Sign of the Cross on my lips. 2: Praying to my Guardian Angel for help. 3: Reading Scripture passages on the use of speech. 4: Playing the GAME I've blogged about before. 5: Just clamping my mouth tight shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive