Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010

I stirred up some batter for cornbread for the first time in more than a year. [Note to self: Make sure the milk is thawed first!] I'd better explain that: I buy a month's worth of milk at a time, and keep most of the containers in the freezer. When the one in the fridge is almost empty, I put in another one. Unfortunately, the I put there last night hadn't thawed yet. Since the dry ingredients: corn meal, salt, a bit of sugar, and baking powder [Note to self: Use less baking powder next time! This is why I prefer self-rising!] had already been mixed together, I went ahead with my batter, using eggs, cream-style corn {I always use that, anyway; it adds a bit of extra flavor} and melted margarine to provide moisture. I used a large, fairly deep frying pan. So how did it turn out? Honestly? It wasn't my best-ever corn bread, but it was good, and I still have some left over. I love cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive