Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7, 2010

The first time I read "Mary Poppins Opens The Door", by P.L. Travers, I was surprised and delighted--- make that absolutely thrilled--- to come across these words: "The sea is at Brighton where it always is!" I was sure that the author meant my Brighton; I didn't know then that there were other Brightons in the world. By a most appropriate coincidence, I was on the beach with my Baba at the time. By the time I discovered the existence of other places named Brighton, and realized that Mary Poppins had probably {I refuse to say definitely} been talking about the Brighton in England, I was too old to be disappointed. Here are some links to places named Brighton and/or Brighton Beach. Places called Brighton Places with the name "Brighton Beach" Brighton Beach, England Brighton Beach, Australia Brighton Beach, Ontario, Canada My own Brighton Beach gets TWO links. Wikipedia Article Brooklyn Public Library Article I want to learn all I can about the Brighton Beaches in England and Australia, but ESPECIALLY about my own Brighton Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive