Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 13, 2009

It's raining, so I won't be able to go out. There was a bird singing a minute or so ago. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I Heard a Bird Sing" by Oliver Herford I heard a bird sing In the dark of December A magical thing And sweet to remember. "We are nearer to Spring Than we were in September," I heard a bird sing In the dark of December. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I have always loved this poem. ******************************************************************* CURRENTLY READING "Lavender Laughs in the Chalet School", by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer. {juvenile fiction, school series} "The Art Spirit", by Robert Henri (nonfiction) "The Interior Castle" by St. Teresa Of Avila {Catholic, Spiritual Reading, Classic} "Pirkei Avos Treasury" (I prefer this to the version I started reading online, because it has commentaries, which the online version lacks.) (Judaica, nonfiction} ******************************************************************** I love to let the little bubbles in a glass of soda hit my face. ***************************************************************** I ordered "Once Upon A Christmas Time", by Thyra Ferre Bjorn, through abebooks.com. I have all her other books: "Papa's Wife", "Papa's Daughter", "Dear Papa", (the first three books are based on her own family) "Then There Grew Up a Generation", "The Golden Acre", "Mama's Way", "This Is My Life", and "The Home Has A Heart". **************************************************************************** Chanuka memories: I was the only child, so I placed the candles in the Menorah. It was always such fun deciding which colors to use. ******************************************************************************* I've seen more than one meditation on the 2nd Luminous Mystery (The Wedding at Cana) where we are told to think of a Jewish wedding, the music, the dancing. Well, that makes my meditation on that Mystery a bit anachronistic. When I think of a Jewish wedding, the music, the dancing, I think "Hava Nagila"! *************************************************************************************Nothing added to my collection today. (See yesterday's post)

Followers

Blog Archive