Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Socialization

There was a time people socialized in each others' homes, in restaurants, at clubs... in other words, people used to socialize in person. Yes, we still do so, but these days we also socialize on the computer, in chat rooms. I can, if I so choose, socialize with people in all 50 states, and all over the world. Actually, I don't care to chat with large groups, because I can't type and read the boards at the same time. I've had people call me out and say, "Are you there?". and when I've explained that I can't read and type at the same time, some people have assumed that I'm a kid, while others have been just plain rude. Not everyone; some people have been nice, but I prefer, on the rare occasions when I chat, chatting in a very small group. Still, the fact that I have the opportunity to chat with people from all over the globe, as well as right in my own neighborhood, is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive