Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bible Marking

I've worked out my Bible marking system. I put a colored dot at the beginning and end of a passage I wish to color-code. God's loving care: yellow green Praise, Rejoicing, Thanksgiving: orange Promises: green Faith, Hope, Trust: carnation pink Comfort, Reassurance: blue Instructions, Personal Conduct: brown God's Kingship, Kingdom of Heaven: blue violet Admonitions, Warnings: red Favorite passages, whether color-coded or not, are circled in yellow. I'm still getting used to this Bible. The binding is absolutely gorgeous, and I love gilt edges, and it's in my favorite translation, the RSV, and yet it doesn't quite seem like mine just yet. I'll need to use it, and mark it, and make it as familiar as my old, worn, too-much-marked paperback Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive