Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's Lent Again!

Lent has begun. I find it easier to give up ALL junk food, and ALL snacking than to give up just one thing. One year, I gave up only chocolate, and nothing else, and I was going crazy thinking how much I missed chocolate. In fact, if I remember correctly, that was the one year since I've been a Catholic that I didn't make it all through Lent! This year I decided that I wouldn't add any condiments to my food, at least on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. So I had one egg on one piece of bread, no margarine on the bread, and no salt or pepper (I sometimes, but seldom, pepper my eggs) on the egg. To my surprise, it didn't taste bad at all, nor did the unsalted, unmargarined small boiled potato I had later on. The only thing that really didn't taste good was the unsweetened tea. But is Lent so much about fasting, as it is about growing as a Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive