Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bad Reactions

Time for a little bit of brutal honesty; something I don't like to admit about myself. I can't take criticism. I am a grown woman, and yet I tend to react like a child when I am criticized. And when I say that I react like a child, I do not meant that my response is childlike, but rather, childish. Oh, I know the reason. All too well do I know the reason. For years, I was unfairly, and often publicly, criticized, scolded, shamed for things having to do with my disability. The result is that I resent all criticism, no matter how justified it may be. But maybe it is time for me to grow up a little bit, to stop hiding behind the hurts of the past. And something good did come from all those unfair scoldings. I learned from my own experience, my own hurt, never to criticize a child for not being able to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive