Saturday, December 26, 2009

November 8, 2009

There's a book I read in summer camp back in the late 60s that I would love to read again, even though my memories of that book are rather sketchy. I have NO idea what the title is. What I DO remember is that the book is about a boy named Steven, or Stephen. He lives on an island, and has to take a ferry to the mainland to school every day. He likes to draw, or paint, and sometimes gets in trouble for drawing when he is supposed to be doing something else. The phrase "Even Steven" is used sarcastically in one scene after he is late for the bus (if I remember correctly) again. "Everyone's here, even Steven." I'm not sure I've quoted that correctly; it's been about forty years since I read the book! I may submit a description of the book to Loganberry. Updated to add: I just sent them the description

Followers

Blog Archive