Wednesday, December 23, 2009

November 5, 2009

This is taken, slightly modified, from one of my old blogs. When Pope John Paul the Great added the Luminous Mysteries to the Rosary in 2002, I was delighted, absolutely delighted. I had felt for a long time that there was too great a gap between the Fifth Joyful Mystery and the First Sorrowful Mystery. A BIG chunk of Our Lord's life on Earth was missing. Another change was that, while formerly certain Mysteries were prescribed for certain days, we now were given more flexibility. Of course, many Catholics stick to the traditional days, and some choose not to pray the Luminous Mysteries, and that is their right. Personally, I like to pray the Mysteries in their proper order, Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful, and Glorious, regardless of the day of the week. How do I pray the Rosary? How do I meditate? There are several ways. Sometimes I pray the Rosary while looking at pictures depicting the Mysteries, and sometimes while watching "The Holy Land Rosary with Fr. Mitch Pacwa". I love actually seeing the places where these events took place. Sometimes I use a book of Rosary meditations, and sometimes I go to one of the many websites available. Other times I might simply meditate before each decade, or perhaps add a few words to the Hail Mary. For instance, if I'm praying the Mystery of the Nativity: "And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus, born in poverty."

Followers

Blog Archive